Book Review: Defy the Stars

Disclaimer: Despite several minutes of research, I’m unclear of the meaning of the word “supergalactic.” I try to be precise in my language; but y’all, I was an English major, and I’m ill-equipped to handle this. What’s important here is that the book is both super and galactically-located.

A supergalactic romance for fans of Across the Universe and Cinder.

That’s all. I exhausted myself with science. The publisher’s blurb is below.

AS

“She’s a soldier – Noemi Vidal is willing to risk anything to protect her planet, Genesis, including her own life. To their enemies on Earth, she’s a rebel.

He’s a machine – Abandoned in space for years, utterly alone, Abel’s advanced programming has begun to evolve. He wants only to protect his creator, and to be free. To the people of Genesis, he’s an abomination.

Noemi and Abel are enemies in an interstellar war, forced by chance to work together as they embark on a daring journey through the stars. Their efforts would end the fighting for good, but they’re not without sacrifice. The stakes are even higher than either of them first realized, and the more time they spend together, the more they’re forced to question everything they’d been taught was true.”