Rebekah Reviews: A Study in Charlotte

A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro

Before I start this review I want to present myself to you, the reader, whoever and wherever you are. My name is Rebekah and I’m a junior here at Independence who enjoys music, history and anything to do with books . Now that that’s settled, let’s begin with this review. Buckle up, people, because you are in for a ride, for you shall be witnesses to my first ever book review.

I will begin with one of the things that attracted mostly about this book. I am the first to say that I do judge books by their covers, unfortunately a bad habit of mine. But this was not the case with A Study in Charlotte. The cover for this book is definitely one of the best I have ever seen, the font and colors both yelled at me to pick it up.

But what was even better about this newly found book was that the story inside it was as great as it’s cover. Not to say to much because you should definitely find out and read it yourself but, A Study in Charlotte follows the story of descendants of Sherlock Holmes and his trusted companion Watson in a reality where they were real people. Jamie Watson (precious cinnamon roll too good for this Earth) is changed when he meets Charlotte Holmes (fierce detective that doesn’t care about your opinion)  at a new boarding school, where they soon are thrown together after a murder in campus.

As a devoted fan of the BBC’S Sherlock show and reader of several Sherlock Holmes stories I have to say that while the book at times seemed a little slow the characters and plots that linked it to the original Sherlock Holmes stories made this book such a wonderful one.

Best line of the book:

“The two of us, we’re the best kind of disaster. Apples and oranges. Well, more like apples and machetes.”

RR